Frontier Informatics Curriculum
The "frontier informatics curriculum" is a non-degree program in the "computer science degree program."
The aim of "frontier informatics curriculum" in Masters/Doctoral course is to train experts who are skilled in cutting-edge information technologies and have knowledge to apply those technologies for solving problems in a problem domain in science/engineering.
- Please make your registration to the curriculum at the time of admission. An email informing the detailed procedure will be sent to all students.
- You will be certified if you earn sufficient credits according to the guideline below by the end of your program.
- 1 credit or more from Course Group 1
- 6 credits or more from Course Group 2
- 4 credits or more from Course Group 3
- 11 credits or more in total
Course group 1 (Mandatory elective)
Earn 1 or more credits from the courses below.
|CS||Frontier informatics A||1||English|
|CS||Frontier informatics B||1||English|
Course group 2 (Elective: CS)
Earn 6 or more credits from the courses below.
|CS||Experiment Design in Computer Sciences||2||English|
|CS||Basic computational biology||2||English|
|CS||Data engineering I||2||English|
|CS||Topics in computer science I||1||English|
Course group 3 (Elective: other than CS)
Earn 4 or more credits by taking courses in science/engineering or other application domains other than CS. The following is a list of such courses but not limited to them.
|PPS||Spatial information science||2|
|PPS||Wellness service science||1|
|SE||Traffic service design||1|
|RR||Seminar in soft computing||2|
|RR||Theoretical environmental analysis||2|
|EME||Space development engineering||1|
PPS: Policy and planning sciences / SE: Service engineering / RR: Risk resilience / IIT: Intelligent interaction technologies / Engineering mechanics and energy
If you have any questions/inquiry regarding the frontier informatics
curriculum, send an email to the committee for international exchange:
int-exchg [AT] cs.tsukuba.ac.jp .