The Department of Computer Science offers a variety of courses ranging from fundamental principles to cutting-edge technologies.
- Master's Program (General Program) offers students an opportunity to obtain the Master of Engineering degree by taking credits of courses and doing original research.
- Computer Science English Program offers foreign students an opportunity to obtain the Master of Engineering degree by using English only. The requirements of completion are the same as the General Program above.
- Doctoral Program offers students an opportunity to obtain the Doctor of Engineering degree by doing highly competitive, original research.
- Computer Science English Program also offers (Japanese-speaking) students an opportunity to improve their English. A certificate of program completion is given to those students who satisfy the specified conditions.
- The Practical IT Curriculum offers students an opportunity to acquire the ability for practical solutions to the industrial problems by utilizing information technology and the information infrastructure which keep evolving. Its description in Japanese can be found here.
The Course Catalogue (Daigakuin-Binran) describes various issues about your student lives including the academic calendar and rules. (It is written in Japanese only.)
The information on the courses of the Department of Computer Science is summarized in the table below. (Note that they are the information as of the beginning of an academic year, namely, April. Changes to the information will be shown in the announcement board (Keijiban) and/or this web page.)
|Program Name||Course Catalogue||Syllabi|
|Master's Program; General Program||Course Catalogue||Syllabi|
|Computer Science English Program||Course Catalogue||Included in the general program|
|Doctoral Program||Course Catalogue||Syllabi|
The Graduate School of Systems and Information Engineering provides several common courses for master's programs and doctoral programs: School's common courses for Master's programs, School's common courses for Doctoral programs.
For the courses provided by other departments or other graduate schools, check the Course Catalogue (Daigakuin-Binran) at the university web site (written in Japanese.)
The Curriculum Committee, Department of Computer Science (d-curri (at) cs . tsukuba . ac . jp)